Music Banter - View Single Post - The Cars
Thread: The Cars
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 09:42 AM   #60 (permalink)
FRED HALE SR.
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGANGELICA View Post
No, I hadn't heard this song or Ben's only solo album before. "Skyline" is pretty and comforting. Thanks for telling me about the song and album, Trollheart.

I actually didn't know he was dead until last year. I had watched a YouTube video with Ben Orr in it and then looked him up (after looking at him! ) to find out more about him...only to learn that he was dead.

I'm sorry he didn't have a longer life. One gets what one gets, I suppose, and something is better than nothing. :/ And it looks like he must have enjoyed his time, filled with creativity and close friends.

I remember being amazed by these guys at a young age. This is one of those bands that separates from a genre. I remember the metalheads, punk rockers, jocks, girly girls, pop lovers, you can name it, everybody seemingly appreciated The Cars. Their songwriting skills were brilliant and they had two outstanding vocalist with different range and ability. Truly one of my alltime favorite bands and something i'll never stop listening to. Hard for me to pick a favorite between The Self titled and Candy-O.
FRED HALE SR. is offline   Reply With Quote