Music Banter - View Single Post - Best Band: 90s Seattle Era.
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 02:22 PM   #604 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halen View Post
Your argument is invalid.

In the US, Pearl Jam destroy Nirvana in album sales. Even if Nirvana sold more records in small countries like the UK or France, it's not a big number.

I hate Nirvana and their corporate rock. They were just another MTV band who made tons of videos and radio-friendly songs.

Pearl Jam play arenas/stadiums worldwide, so the people still care about them.
There are several invalid remarks there. Nirvana only made three studio albums, so the comparison is unfair.

Nirvana weren't corporate rock, they were unwillingly adopted to be marketed to millions on Nevermind, In Utero was their own personal response to this, do you really think the bulk of In Utero sounds like a commercial record?

True Pearl Jam have a very loyal fanbase, but then again a lot of other similiar bands also do.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History