Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Religious/Political Debate Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2005, 04:59 PM   #643 (permalink)
Merkaba
Whitewater!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr.
Ok, I suppose I will add my two cents.

I'm older than most in this forum, and I have spent, easily, 20 years or better, searching for that 'something' that makes me feel as though I am living my life right. I begrudge no one their religious beliefs, and in my opinion, everyone has a right to be happy and fufilled, on the inside.
I think you will find you've answered your own question. The answer is there is no right or wrong way to live your life. I think if you can accept that, and that no one is perfect, then you are living life to the best of your ability.

If you are aiming to follow someone elses guidelines for a fulfilling life then you are shutting the door to a part of you, the part which would have determined how you would live your life with no instruction. This is what makes everyone unique. This is why you are your own system of belief. Sure you could look at a religion purely for research and intrigue but why try to be something we're not.