Music Banter - View Single Post - Customer Service Horror Stories
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2012, 03:15 AM   #35 (permalink)
downwardspiral
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
My full time job is working in a hotel, thankfully I don't have to deal with the whining public all the time, but there have been more than enough occasions believe me!

There is one thing that people can say to me that causes me to bite my tongue and use every effort not to go off the rails at them.

"What are you going to do about it?" - All complaints are, invariably, after the event. So, someone says something like "I was woken up by someone banging on my door at 2.00am," and you reply "I'm very sorry about that," to which they then say "Well, that's not good enough, what are you going to do about."

What do they then expect of me?

"Hang on, I'll jump in my f*cking time machine, jump back six hours and stop the a*sehole banging on your door. The Delorian is just outside, wait here...."
Haha, oh man. Sounds like typical customers over here. I work in a bank, much to my embarrassment/regret, and I speak to the worst people on this planet. From stuck up, patronising business men, to posh, rude old ladies and then to the general scumbags screaming down the phone at me when their JSA hasn't gone in. I just feel like telling the lot of them to bail it, people's attitudes really really get to me. The only good thing this job has done for me is open up to how disgusting the human race is.

What hotel do you work in? Is it like a travle lodge/premier inn?

downwardspiral is offline   Reply With Quote