Music Banter - View Single Post - Metal Wars!!!!!!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012, 12:20 AM   #1445 (permalink)
Engine
air quote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
This war seemed too tacky for some on here and for the first time in MB history, the voting actually went into negative figures before I steadied the boat. Now I'd like to say that things are going to get better, but sadly no,
Actually, I was quite excited to see this new competition. Reason being that 'Pyromania' was very important to me at one time. When I was in the 5th grade, I traded some kid one of my favorite G.I. Joe action figures for the vinyl and it was one of the first pieces of music that I actually listened to all on my own. For curious geeks it was Wild Bill who I traded..

which, at the time, was only available with the purchase of his helicopter, the Dragonfly, and so was quite a commodity to an 80s kid.

Also, I used to like Ratt so, even though I haven't listened to either of these for probably 20 years (at least) I thought I'd give this contest an honest shot. Here are the results:

I listened to both albums before making my choice. 1st I put on Pyromania and was pleasantly surprised with the first track, "Rock! Rock! ('Til You Drop)" because it was sorta heavy. The rest of the album, though, was boring to say the least. While the band was clearly skilled the album is laden with soft rock numbers peppered with moments of love ballad, lighters-in-the-air moments throughout. Even within each song. I couldn't wait to make it stop, which it did after a very difficult 45 minutes of my life.

Then I listened to 'Out of the Cellar' and was truly horrified. This album sucks dick big time. For a band that prided itself on its sexual prowess, they sure made a hell of a limp-dick piece of shit album this time around. It pretty much all blended together with its Heavy Metal Lite riffs and Peter Searcy's monotonous screechy cock rock vocals.

I even re-listened to Pyromania again just to make sure how bad the Ratt album is. I was correct. Def Leppard is boring as hell on this album but they have some style and creativity at least.

Def Leppard: 2
Ratt: 2