Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Religious/Political Debate Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2005, 10:06 PM   #649 (permalink)
Scarlett O'Hara
Make it so

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrice
I commonly ask the same type of question "so are you like, really hard out into it?" because i dont understand how many can follow the commandment and believe, yet be so hypocritical outside the church. I feel that if one is a true believer, they will follow the commandments, and live as a direct representative of the God they worship.
P.S. What happened to miracles? Jesus walking on water, moses and the Red Sea? When did all this stop? Why does God not perform modern day miracles.
It depends really, whether you have studied the religion, or whether you follow the bible and churches teachings. Another thing I think is important is not how often you attend church, but whether you have an actual connection with God, a personal relationship. That's what I have, I communicate with God in my own way, and it works for me!

If people could ask about your faith in a more, intelligent way, then maybe it wouldn't be such a big deal. For example: "How do you follow the Catholic faith?" You can't measure how "hard out" you follow it.