Music Banter - View Single Post - Metal Wars!!!!!!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012, 07:38 AM   #1449 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Jeez I'm shocked to see Ratt doing so well here. I actually suggested the Ratt debut to The Batlord, as he was getting all hot and bothered over which albums to choose and as always I was glad to give the kid a hand on these things so I threw in Ratt.

As for the albums, Pyromania is one of the most important commercial metal sounding albums ever made and possibly the best. The band tightened up all the hooks from their previous release High N Dry and struck gold with Pyro. There's hardly a duff track on the whole album, "Action Not Words" is the only weak link on the album. Like Number of the Beast and British Steel, Pyromania was a landmark metal release from the 1980s and deserves all its plaudits. The Ratt album is good and in fact prior to recording I think the band must have been listening to a lot of Def Leppard themselves its that influenced by Def Leppard. The singing is different by Stephen Pearcy and the riffs are far more infused with that LA sleaze sound so typical of the time. But the album is still a notch down from Pyro, so there is only one winner here.

Def Leppard -4
Ratt -3
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote