Music Banter - View Single Post - Anyone explain the differences between AOR and Melodic Metal to me?
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012, 01:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Yeah, I knew you'd know, US! Sorts it out a little but I'm still left to wonder.
Here are Jaded Heart: how would you categorise them?
Defintely melodic metal based on that song. The image of the band, the poise of the band doesn't really resonate much in the way of AOR to me. In fact there are a lot of metal bands today that still focus on the melodic side of things, look no further than power metal and quite often a lot of progressive metal is really just a mix between melodic metal and AOR without that many complex sections.

Stratovarius one of the best power metal bands around and in fact do straddle the line between metal and AOR. Some of their songs like this owe far more to AOR than it does to metal. The intro and feel of the song has been completely borrowed from Survivor's "Eye of the Tiger"

Stratovarius - Eyes Of The World - YouTube
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote