Music Banter - View Single Post - The Best Game Of All Time
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 12:00 PM   #12 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki View Post
I went with OoT for nostalgia value, however I did enjoy Windwaker a lot. It's like the happier version of OoT I think.
What I found sound great about The Windwaker was its magical feel, as you explored a world full of islands and strange and quirky places. It reminded me so much of the Narnia book "Voyage of the Dawn Treader" which as a kid mesmerized me along with the Hobbit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoathsomePete View Post
I think, from an objective standpoint, Majora's Mask is the superior game to OoT. While you would be justified in saying that the fact that its just using the same engine with some minor graphical tweaks, I think that with all the time saved on working on the technical aspects helped make MM's world more fleshed out. The characters felt more developed and with that Bomber's Notebook, you learned more about them and could sympathize with them more. I also have to say I really enjoyed the darker tones found in this one, like that Deku tree you meet just after being cursed by the Scarecrow Kid at the beginning of the game, he's apparently the son of the Butler in the Deku kingdom, and that your Deku mask actually contains his soul. While there were really only four temples, I really enjoyed finding all the masks, and found more than half of them to be useful in some way.
You've basically hit it right on the head why I feel MM was better than the OoT. OoT was a groundbreaking game and does deserve its plaudits and the first half of the game is superb but what I felt let it down, was the second part as it just became one temple after another and I felt that took something away from the brilliance of the game.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote