Music Banter - View Single Post - Metal Wars!!!!!!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012, 09:54 AM   #1462 (permalink)
Plankton
Just Keep Swimming...

I had both of these in the 80's, and I think I burned the Pyro one at some point. It was a time when there were sides to take and lines to be drawn. The true rockers went with Ratt, and anyone who listened to Def Leppard was considered a pansy. As absurd as this sounds, it's just how things were at that time around my group of friends. I remember trying to learn the dual guitar solo on Round & Round, with little success at that time, but always thought it to be one of the highlights of the album. I even went and bought the follow up to that since it had Lay It Down, which to me is their best tune out of anything they've ever done.

These days I've grown to really like Def Leppard, and have "seen the light" as they say. I've made some compilation CD's that are chock full of tunes from Pyro, and genuinely enjoy the guitar riffs, and glistening production on them. I've pretty much abandoned Ratt and can't stand anything I used to like these days... meh, people change.. oh, and I can remember when Def Leppard could still hear too.

Def Leppard 9
Ratt 3