Music Banter - View Single Post - your top 10 songs EVER
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012, 03:53 PM   #18 (permalink)
FRED HALE SR.
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

FOO FIGHTERS- Everlong

One of the better written rock songs in my eyes. They don't get much love on this site, But this is one song that really touches home with me. I love the lyrics and the rythym of this song and Grohl's vocals are almost haunting sounding.

Concrete Blonde- Tomorrow Wendy

My love of Napolitano will never cease. I think shes one of the better songwriters of the 90's and these lyrics are very engrossing. And also this album doesnt miss a beat.

The Alarm- Strength

Mike Peters could wail as good as anybody in the 80s and they had this great ability to connect with me on a deep level. I saw this band three years ago and he sounded better then ever.

CCR- Lodi

This is one of those songs my dad used to play incessantly and I think it will stick with me til the day i die. I love the grassroots approach and the stunning vocal ability of these guys. My dad had the chronicle tape stuck in his player on a desert trip once and he asked me if I wanted to listen to something else and I said why would we do that.

Beastie Boys- Looking down the barrel of a gun

My favorite of all hip hop records and my favorite song off said album. I like the screeching guitar with the pinch harmonics and the delivery of the vocals is so in your face. RIP MCA.

Billy Bragg- Brickbat

I love his songwriting and I like his almost working class voice. Kind of an acquired taste but this song is beautifully written.

Last edited by FRED HALE SR.; 08-29-2012 at 10:10 AM.
FRED HALE SR. is offline   Reply With Quote