Music Banter - View Single Post - Metal Wars!!!!!!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012, 09:33 PM   #1478 (permalink)
Engine
air quote

This is a coincidence. 'Stay Hungry' was another of the first LPs I got (in my elementary schol years) - and it was from the same kid who I got 'Pyromania' from. I remember coming home with the album and my mom saying, "I don't even want to look at that. What is wrong with you?" which, of course, made me love it all the more.

I'm pretty sure that my friend was stealing records from his older sister and trading/selling them to me. She was about 5 years older than us and, although I had been hanging around their house since I was about 7, she never acknowledged my existence. She was the coolest girl I'd ever seen and she used to let us hang out in her room when she was getting ready to go out. She did speak to me once to tell me that 'Shout At The Devil' is the best album that was ever made when she noticed me checking out one of her many Motley Crue posters. But I digress.

I remember liking 'Stay Hungry' so much that I almost automatically voted for it. But then I remembered how I used to think that I liked Ratt, so I gave the album a listen. I was right. To me, Stay Hungry kicks Pyromania's ass and takes its lunch money. Every day.

Twisted Sister: 4
Def Leppard: 2