Music Banter - View Single Post - New Kid
Thread: New Kid
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 07:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Penguins
Groupie

Default New Kid

Hey guys.
I figured this was a good place to put my first post, I'm new. I'm an 18 year old guy going to school at LSU in Baton Rouge, actually I considered majoring in music, I play 5 instruments and had a kind of garage band with a few friends in high school in Houston, TX. I got told all the time that I "looked the part," my hair has always been dyed different bright colors, and I have a few tattoos and piercings, which I guess makes me look like a musician.

I listen to a ton of what I'm gonna call "punk-pop" and indie/alternative, I love finding new bands that none of my friends have heard of. My all-time favorite band is gonna have to be Panic! At the Disco (this is what I'm calling "punk-pop" cuz I'm not quite sure what exactly to call bands like Panic, Brand New, etc). As for indie, I'm a huge Foster the People fan. I love the mix of indie/alternative with the electronic influence.

So yea that's a brief intro on me. I'm always looking to find bands with the styles I've mentioned above.

***I'm gonna clarify and say I like indie-rock and indie-pop since just indie is really broad

Last edited by Penguins; 08-29-2012 at 07:48 PM.
Penguins is offline   Reply With Quote