Music Banter - View Single Post - The Urban 100 - 4 Years On (Now With Added Authors Commentary)
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2005, 04:14 AM   #80 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger

41. The Who - The Who Sell Out (1967)

The best album they ever did , better than Tommy (Concept albums are boring) Better than Who`s Next (You can tell a Led Zeppelin fan coz they always say this is the Who`s best album)and a lot better than everything else.Now it could be argued that this is a concept album and that I am contradicting myself here , but it`s a fun concept and it takes nothing away from the songs themselves. The songs themselves are great and stand up perfectly well on their own merits, in fact they were probably the last actual pop songs the Who ever wrote before coming this huge stadium rock monster. Of course this album just HAS to be heard for all the radio jingles. Sorry but I just couldn`t imagine the stars of today obviously taking the piss out of themselves like the Who do here. You think we`ll see Billy Corgan in a bath full of baked beans on his next album? I doubt it.

Favourite Songs - Armenia City in the Sky , Mary Anne With the Shaky Hand , Tattoo , I Can See For Miles
I strongly disagree with that, and so would 99% of all diehard who fans.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote