Music Banter - View Single Post - Mom of 2 teen rock musicians trying to navigate their world
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 11:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
kearnine
Groupie

Default Mom of 2 teen rock musicians trying to navigate their world

Hey, everyone. I'm a 47-year-old mother of two boys, 15 and almost 17, who are School of Rock students and have their own band. My husband puts a huge amount of time, energy, and money into helping them with their band and the three of them have a blast working on it together.

I'm your basic PTA, soccer mom, church-oriented kind of person who grew up on classical music. Choral music is my first love. So, yeah, a total square. I sometimes find myself disoriented and "not like the others" with this whole rock band thing in our family. Coming to MusicBanter from time to time with my questions and, dare I say, anxiety, is bound to help me out.

I know this for sure because I have already been the grateful recipient of your help. In my first thread the other day, I asked for opinions about what I saw as negativity and mean-spiritedness in one of my sons' original lyrics. Those who have replied have given me perspective I badly needed, in multiple ways. I can't thank those people enough.

So, yeah. I'm glad to be here. And I hope I can find ways to contribute here like so many of you are. Thanks.

Caroline
kearnine is offline   Reply With Quote