Music Banter - View Single Post - Any Doctor Who fans out there?
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2012, 02:34 AM   #47 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Wow! Am I jealous! Just to let you know, when you get to the "new" Dr Who (from Chris Eccleston through David Tennant to Matt Smith) the production values go right through the roof, and the stories are very together (mostly) but it becomes more an entertainment than a hard sci-fi show, which is how I remember the Pertwee/Baker era of the seventies.

Wish I could watch it all again for the first time....
Production values may have gone through the roof, but instead we got a show where interesting stories just went out of the window. The amount of stories that were set in either modern day London or Cardiff was staggering and the amount of historical stories was taking the piss as well. Whatever happened to wandering through diverse alien planets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vktr View Post
And I made another discovery along the way, Jon Pertwee's Worzel Gummidge. How wish I could've watched it as a kid... but on the other hand I'm enjoying it now
Great show.

Worzel Gummidge - A Cup o' Tea & a Slice o' Cake (1980) - YouTube
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote