Music Banter - View Single Post - What TV shows are people watching?
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2012, 09:32 PM   #1415 (permalink)
gunnels
gun whales

Location: Knoxville/Nashville, TN, USA, NA, E, S, LC, MW, Known Universe

So in my English Composition class we've been assigned a paper dealing with analyzing rhetoric, context, and logic in an argument. This source that we are criticizing is, of all things, the History Channel series Ancient Aliens. I just watched the first episode, and I have to say I'm frustrated. This is some of the nuttiest crap I have ever listened to, but some of their points are SO OUT THERE that it's impossible to objectively disprove. They present a variety of "mysteries" that are shown in just the right light to support their "ancient astronaut" theory that much of humanity's achievements throughout history were accomplished with extra-terrestrial technology. Most irritating of all, they don't even consider possibilities that don't involve aliens. One of the theories on Egyptian pyramids was that it emitted microwaves that were beamed as a power source to motherships in orbit ffs.
That's not to say it wasn't entertaining. I'm very grateful I'm not writing a paper on something more conventionally academic and dry.
tl;dr:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FETCHER. View Post
I'm awfully sorry I'm not as good at writing pretentious posts as you are.
Let's Play TF2 Sometime.|Unrepresentative Last.fm.|Puns, Pokemon, and Miscellany

Last edited by gunnels; 09-01-2012 at 09:39 PM.
gunnels is offline   Reply With Quote