Music Banter - View Single Post - Geekoid's World of Music
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2012, 08:32 PM   #54 (permalink)
Geekoid
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blarobbarg View Post
Ugh. I have a deepseated dislike of Amy Grant. Never liked her. From the time my mother began playing her music to this very day... never liked her, never will.

That said, it's still a great post, as well as all the ones about that I didn't comment on. That Darwinism Electro opera was really, really interesting. Not really my flavor of music, but very interesting.
Gah! I keep missing your posts. I wonder why that is. Maybe Trollheart's go through first or something?

Is there any particular reason why you don't like Amy Grant? Just an instinctual thing, style preference, her as a person... or what? Just wondering...

To put it out there, I kind of have a soft spot for her- not just because I like her music, but because so many people hate her for the decisions she's made in her life (I'm not assuming you do). If you ever did look up one of her videos, you would likely see what I mean. Lots of throwing stones without knowing the whole story, and heated condemnation. I admit that I'm a softy, though- always have been. And everyone likes different music (If I keep saying that I'll sound like a broken record).

As for Tomorrow In A Year, pretty weird, eh? When I come across stuff like that, I kind of stop dead in my tracks and become obsessed. But when it comes to experimental stuff, usually I end up only liking certain tracks, and the rest just does nothing for me. Hopefully I can dig up some more electronic oddities
Geekoid is offline   Reply With Quote