Music Banter - View Single Post - Would you help please?..
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 04:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
Shlangaforya
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
Dead honest opinion here :

This is amateurish - there's no power, conviction or confidence in that voice that would make it interesting to listen to. Neither particularly beautiful, but the biggest problem, I think, is that you seem to miss some of the notes which is bad because it creates disharmony in a bad way. Perhaps you can't hear it yourself and that would make you tone deaf which will make singing much more difficult for you than for people who pick up on notes instinctively and automatically.

I'd say stop spending money on a teacher because you're never gonna be a great singer. That doesn't mean you can't sing in the shower, at the karaoke, when out at a party or whenever else you want to enjoy yourself. But you don't need tuition to do that.
Well this can't be anything but amateurish, that's my first try this EVER. I don't have any of those things you mentioned, because I have never been trained in this field, and don't even know the theory. All I do know is that I would like to learn to sing, and I'm here to ask you guys if it's possible for me to do or not... I know it's not like guitar, where most people could learn, that's why I needed your response, and I appreciate you taking your time to listen to that stuff and replying. I really do.

I'm not spending any money yet, I'm asking if I should and if it is possible for me to learn? But I guess from these responses that there is absolutely nothing I can do to become a better singer.

It's just difficult to understand this statement, when you say: "you CAN train and become a better singer, but you WONT be as good as any star singer". As far as I understand, if you CAN become better, then why not be training till your THAT good? I think it's either you CAN train to be a singer, or NOT. There's no middle ground here.

Of course singing in the shower is different thing, why would anyone train to become a better shower singer, haha...

Thanks for your response guys, it helps to brainstorm a little!
Shlangaforya is offline   Reply With Quote