Music Banter - View Single Post - need help naming a song similar to Pinch Me
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 04:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
musiclover999
Groupie

Default need help naming a song similar to Pinch Me

Hi,

Like many of you, I'm trying to find the name of a song, and the name of the group that sang it, done some time ago. The group appeared on TV, I think in the 90's (although possibly more recent, but definitely no earlier than 1991), probably the Tonight Show or the Late Show, performing a song that had concurrent melodic lines like "Pinch Me" by Barenaked Ladies. I believe the group had two female singers and 4 or 5 male singers; they were all white, and may have been American or British. (The group was NOT Sixpence None the Richer.) I'm sorry that I have no more information than this. I like the song a lot, and would download it from Amazon MP3 if I could find it. If I hear the song on an Amazon MP3 18-second sampler, I will recognize it.

One way to help me on this search is to tell me "What is the genre of Pinch Me by Barenaked Ladies?" The song that I am seeking was, I believe, one of the first of this genre, since I had not heard that style before on the radio.

Many thanks for your help.

Last edited by musiclover999; 09-07-2012 at 04:59 PM. Reason: add useful information
musiclover999 is offline   Reply With Quote