Music Banter - View Single Post - Most Underrated/Overrated Artists
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 03:36 AM   #1375 (permalink)
Howard the Duck
Live by the Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjinnx View Post
I have to agree. U2 aren't a bad band, they have their own way of playing. But their godly status is eh. I saw them play in concert at the olympic stadium and I've never seen so many people there than any other concert. It was like they were promoting their godly status, especially with on top of the world antics.

As for Springsteen. *barfs again* Completely overrated. I don't hear mostly anything special about his music.
both are overrated only in terms of sales, and people buying their albums

critically, i think they're both rated just about right, except from Rolling Stone magazine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Depends on what you're looking for. As you'll see from part two of my "Stranger in a strange land" series in my journal, I thought their first two albums were terrible, kind of warmed to the last two. When they broke away from the samey "we're so tough/sleep with us" pop sound and tried to develop their own, they began to write some decent music. Admittedly, I didn't listen to all their catalogue (not THAT much of a masochist!), so the ones I did review, in case you didn't/don't want to read the feature, were the debut, then "Backstreet's back" (which was, it seems, their actual debut in the US...) then "Millennium", which I found a big improvement and finally "Unbreakable", which I almost liked.
their singles are all that you need, really

singles band uber alles

Malaise is THE dominant human predilection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Virgin View Post
what? i don't understand you. farming is for vegetables, not for meat. if ou disagree with a farming practice, you disagree on a vegetable. unless you have a different definition of farming.
Howard the Duck is offline   Reply With Quote