Music Banter - View Single Post - Most Underrated/Overrated Artists
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 01:29 AM   #1378 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowtear View Post
Overrated:

* Queen (please don't hurt me)
* All Time Low
* Black Veil Brides
* Blink-182
* 30 Seconds to Mars*
Fallout Boy
* Lostprophets
* My Chemical Romance
* Paramore*
Manowar
* Pantera
* Every single pop artist/boyband/rapper I've ever heard of, except for Mika (I'm not even gay and I still have a thing for that guy... ...)
If Halley Williams and Jared Leto didn't scream so much their music would sound much better overall. I like the music but can't stand the screaming, it sounds like their voice goes flat, like they don't hit an actual note but just come to a plain loud scream, mabye if they soften it a bit with effects like echo or fade away or pull the mic away a bit it wouldn't be so shrill. Howlin' Pelle Almqvist from The Hives is another one, they're a band with great music and musicians but a singer I can't handle for too long.

Musically speaking I don't think 30StM, Paramore or The Hives are over-rated - maybe poorly produced.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote