Music Banter - View Single Post - The Best Game Of All Time
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 09:45 AM   #59 (permalink)
Howard the Duck
Live by the Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
I was so addicted to that game at the time and each time you got one of those elusive stars, it was such an achievement.

I had the choice at the time to either get a Spectrum or a Commodore 64, I chose a Commodore 64.
Super Mario 64 was hellishly fun and was the benchmark for all 3D platformers, i didn't own it but i have played it

a C64 was expensive at that time, I got a Spectrum 128 +2 (hellishly hard to load cassettes)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger ? View Post
I had a second hand Spectrum 48 which lasted about a year, when that died I upgraded to a Spectrum 128.
The Spectrum 128 was so shit I sold it & bought a second hand Commodore 64, and never once regretted it.
nothing much with the 128 besides the enhanced sound chip - and the +2, which i had, have horrible loading problems, you have to tune the pitch knob until you get the right frequency, which was always trial and error - minimum time spent on tuning the thing was at least half an hour, then there's another half hour waiting for it to load - so to play a game, I need an hour of loading time

i got a C64C when it got cheaper - the cassette loader was crap also - took me half an hour to 45 minutes to load a game

i finally bought a disk drive but it tended to overheat - but the loading is less than a minute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Oh hells yes! I lost months of my life to that game even though my joystick was **** and would go off to the side when it should have been centered. I was so jealous when my friend got into the game when he played my version, went out and got the game himself, and his had the Balance of Power add on where you got to fight a super star destroyer. That bitch.
i had to buy that add-on and install on my version - but it was ok, they were all pirated

you have to calibrate those PC joysticks then - there's a zig-zaggy wheel on the vertical and horizontal axis

Malaise is THE dominant human predilection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Virgin View Post
what? i don't understand you. farming is for vegetables, not for meat. if ou disagree with a farming practice, you disagree on a vegetable. unless you have a different definition of farming.
Howard the Duck is offline   Reply With Quote