Music Banter - View Single Post - Most Underrated/Overrated Artists
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 07:05 PM   #1422 (permalink)
bob.
Still sends his reguards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screen13 View Post
Trivia: Roxette's history does a VERY small Abba (make that Post-Abba) connection. Per Gessle wrote the music to "Threnody," set to the words of Dorothy Parker for Frida's Something Going On album (Producer: Phil Collins). I'm sure there's more, but that's my bit of useless info for now - and, yes, I bought it used for a Dollar, Cut Out.

Abba had some stellar moments (The Visitors, "The Day Before You Came," some of the early stuff like "Ring Ring" and "Waterloo") but closer inspection of their albums does side with those who cliam that they were over-rated. I don't think that many fans now have went into the full history beyond the Gold albums (still the essentials), let alone hearing the great few Early 80's moments that shocked a lot of their fans as being too dark. Still, Benny and Bjorn were great when they hit a class song. Plus, The B's before Abba wrote music for the Joe Sarno film The Seduction of Inga, which was pretty damn good for an Exploitation flick.
ironically other than Gold the only ABBA albums i own are Super Trouper and The Visitors

i love the fact that you know this
bob. is offline   Reply With Quote