Music Banter - View Single Post - Most Underrated/Overrated Artists
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 04:13 PM   #1436 (permalink)
AndrahilAdrian
Groupie

Overrated: Blur (how these pseudo-ironic protohipsters got matched against Oasis, I'll never know) , The Flaming Lips, Pink Floyd, Dream Theater/The Mars Volta/prog in general, MGMT (same absurdly over the top production as Flaming Lips), All Heavy Metal, Keane, Michael Jackson (godfather of bland pop, style over substance), Prince, My Chemical Romance (Gerard Way, like all the worst Emo rockers, thinks he speaks to the pain of a generation. Well sorry, Gee, but your portentous, pretentious, tasteless, vaudevillian, overblown nonsense says nothing to me about my life), Primal Scream, The Rapture, The Gossip, Daft Punk, Pearl Jam, Alice In Chains (mediocre metal band lucky enough to be from seattle during the grunge explosion) and, above all Rage Against The Machine (god, they suck)

Underrated: The Verve (criminally), Dredg (basically, Pink Floyd, but tuneful and with a real singer), The Jam (in America), Pavement (commercially), Dido (by critics), Dire Straits, Pulp (Blur, but good), Barenaked Ladies, Soundgarden, Joy Division, Outkast
AndrahilAdrian is offline   Reply With Quote