Music Banter - View Single Post - critique my nutrition
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 09:17 PM   #29 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnels View Post
Weight loss is the reason I'm doing it, but if I'm doing it I want to do it as healthily as possible.
I don't really care about strength building. I only do weights to burn extra calories, really.
I think the most powerful thing you can have for this scenario is, and I'm not ****ting you, a calorie counting app on your phone, or a website where you can do calorie counting.

Most people don't realize how much they're actually consuming. If you want to lose weight, you need to consume less calories than you burn, whether it's BMR only or BMR plus exercise.
The problem most people have is assuming that they're eating less calories than they're actually eating. Which is why calorie counting is a thing.
It's easier on smartphones, as there are apps that let you scan barcodes of whatever you eat and automatically add the nutritional properties to your diary. Websites do have searches for stuff, though, if you don't have a smartphone. I'd recommend MyFitnessPal. Practically anything you eat, even down to a random ass sub at Subway, will have caloric and nutritional info that you can add to your diary. It lets you set a weight loss goal, and how many calories you need to consume daily to get there, depending on the rate of loss you want.
Without it, you either have to do it with a pen and paper, or just guesstimate, and usually those two options don't yield results.

Also, sweet drinks have to stop. They actually have to halt to 0 percent of your diet.
If you need to ask why, then something is up.
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote