Music Banter - View Single Post - Most Underrated/Overrated Artists
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2012, 11:08 PM   #1447 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrahilAdrian View Post
Underrated: The Verve (criminally), Dredg (basically, Pink Floyd, but tuneful and with a real singer), The Jam (in America), Pavement (commercially), Dido (by critics), Dire Straits, Pulp (Blur, but good), Barenaked Ladies, Soundgarden, Joy Division, Outkast

And what in the world is so under-rate about Dire Straits? Weird Al made a parody of one of their songs, Money for Nothing->Beverly Hillbillies. It pretty much tells you a band made the big times if Wierd Al is going to turn one of thier songs into a parody. And that is like 1,000,000 times better than being on the cover of Rolling Stones and by the way Mark Knopfler and Dire Straits made it on the cover anyway, it pretty much shows that RS and mainstream critics was giving them recognition and not ignoring them which would make them under-rated.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote