Music Banter - View Single Post - Alice Cooper
Thread: Alice Cooper
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 11:49 AM   #71 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screen13 View Post
I can relate to that. I was only a kid when Cooper was one of the strongest live attractions around.

The DVD of It's Good to See You Again, Alice Cooper thankfully has an Extra option to play only the concert segments, all from the Billion Dollar Babies tour. Skipping the cheesy Humor (although the opening of Alice crooning "THe Lady is a Tramp" brings a few chuckles), the film includes some proof that they were a classic show to see. True, it's not as cool as watching it live, but it gives a good idea.
I first ever saw Alice Cooper on an "Elvira Mistress of the Night" halloween special that was shown here. It featured a real mix of bands from the Doors, Joy Division, Toto, Devo, the Clash and Alice Cooper etc. The Alice Cooper track that was played was from Welcome to My Nightmare still my favourite all time album of his. The track that was featured was this and the video had him waking up in a coffin and then creeping around the basement, needless to say both the song and video hooked me. I still find him one of the most amazing personalities to ever grace rock. My only regret is that I never saw him live back in the 80s or 90s.

The Awakening - Alice Cooper - YouTube
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote