Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums You're Not Digging
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 01:17 PM   #357 (permalink)
Mojo
Melancholia Eternally

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoathsomePete View Post

Katatonia - Dead End Kings (2012)

Not sure why I'm so disappointed with this album, their last album was pretty mediocre, but there was at least something hypnotizing about its mediocrity, this is just a snorefest. I really have no memory of any riffs, any lyrics, or really anything about the album.
Thats a shame. I was wondering if it was any good and was gonna get round to listening to it. Obviously I still will and I'm still hoping to like it, but I know you're a fan so it sucks that you aren't into it. I'm not a big fan but I'm still exploring their work, so I could be. I loved Brave Murder Day but I'm still working on a lot of their output. I'm going to see them for the first time in December, with Alcest and Junius.

WITCHSORROW - GOD CURSE US (2012)

If you like doom and can get past the vocals which were, in my opinion, weak and dull then maybe you would think more of this record than I did. I didn't hate it, it isn't terrible but it is tired. Just listen to Electric Wizards Dopethrone and then Black Sabbaths Sabotage and then only listen to this if you would like to hear their small, uglier, slightly simpler baby.

Last.FM | Echoes and Dust
Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote