Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 04:44 PM   #20510 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

So there's this thing going around on Facebook that I've seen before, but decided to participate in. It's one of those math problem pictures that challenges people to solve it. Needless to say, it gets A LOT of replies by the world's geniuses, apparently...

Ultimately, I guess it's a test of whether you know the order of operations or not, and sadly, a depressing number of people have failed. The problem breaks down to, basically, what is 6 + 1, after the multiplication and division has been solved.

But, apparently, a large percentage of grown adults and teenagers alike think you just simply work from left to right. I've never been great at math, but even I remember the order of operations from as long ago as the f*cking early '90s. It's disheartening to know that such basic information about such basic things is something I've apparently been taking for granted all these years...
It's pretty bad when you realize that you get an intelligence buff simply by the baseline sliding into such depths of ignorance.
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote