Music Banter - View Single Post - Girl Arrested for Blasphemy In Pakistan
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 10:22 PM   #58 (permalink)
semtex
Groupie

I have nothing to say about burgers, my bad

I'm not sure I can say '**** Pakistan' since I don't feel, as an American, I'm free in this same way politically rather than religiously. What people gain from having peoples' superficial respect but silent disdain, I do not know. You can arrest someone, kill them, shoot them down, anything, but the fact still stands. Any authority, inanimate or otherwise, that needs that kind of defense doesn't seem to have much of a real leg to stand on. Any state that shuts people down for expression does the complete opposite of promoting thought and advancement. I could go on and on, though I'm not in the state to explain myself well...This just goes against so many of my core values. I never really agree with the structure of society or the rules of the government and society. In an ideal semtex world, thought is free, expression is free, individuality is not suppressed, people can think, we don't need over reliance on what is safe, and the blindness that various labels create is eliminated. I know it'll never be, but I'm gonna continue being an idealist
semtex is offline   Reply With Quote