Music Banter - View Single Post - Most Underrated/Overrated Artists
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 12:54 AM   #1481 (permalink)
Rjinn
The Aerosol in your Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrahilAdrian View Post
I'm convinced they only pretend to because they think enjoying noises normal people think are unpleasant makes them special. If even one person saw metal as anything other than complete and total garbage, it would be overrated.
Or perhaps they enjoy listening to the genre for different artistic views than you instead of being a special unpleasant badass? They should demand the same respect towards their view that they do yours. But making a comment like that makes it hard and quite trolling as well. Funny that's what we were discussing before.

Quote:
Yes, metal is a vast genre ecompassing various testaments to human stupidity. If you like your stupidity served with a side of pretension, try prog metal or symphonic metal. If you like new age lunatic stupidity, check out pagan or folk metal. If you're into skinhead racist stupidity, take a look at teutonic metal. If you feel like the patented Vanilla Ice brand of stupidity, try rap metal. And if you want to out-stupid the stupids, listen to death metal. Do you know what all these myriad subgenres have in common? That's right, they're all totally stupid. Metal is fundamentally stupid. So I can dismiss any band that plays metal out of hand.
I find it quite stupefying and ignorant directing a musical preference and style only towards stupid people based on assumption when you actually have no clue what it means to them.