Music Banter - View Single Post - Tennis, anyone?
Thread: Tennis, anyone?
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 12:05 PM   #16 (permalink)
Mojo
Melancholia Eternally

Murray was world #3 before play yesterday.

He's been an underdog for some time now, I guess you could say. Technically good enough to beat anybody on his day but with a tendency to choke in high pressure, high profile situations. For a while yesterday he was looking as though he was going to do the same, and throw away a 2-0 advantage. Thankfully he rallied.

I'm happy for Andy Murray. The third and fourth sets were a little worrying from his point of view but he made Djokovic work so hard, even to hold when his back was against the wall, and at times simply outclassed him. If it wasn't for a certain Bradley Wiggins I think Andy Murray would be on course to be our greatest sports personality of this year, after a Wimbledon final with Federer in which he performed incredibly well and came agonisingly close to winning his first Grand Slam, getting his revenge by beating Federer in straight sets and winning an Olympic gold and silver just weeks later, and now finally a Grand Slam title.

It was such a great final. I stayed up until 2:15am this morning to watch it, even though my alarm was set for 6:30.

Last.FM | Echoes and Dust
Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote