Music Banter - View Single Post - Bob Dylan
Thread: Bob Dylan
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 03:23 PM   #467 (permalink)
Chives
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard the Duck View Post
i got the leak of Tempest

liking it so far, even more so than "Together Through Life" - the production is stark and bleak, and he repeats one or two chords in only one bar repeated throughout a song

certainly interesting

though his voice sounds like ****

i also got the other Dylans I put off getting last time, his late eighties stuff
Definitely sounds interesting enough to check out. I'm sucker for hearing an artist in chronological order, though, so I suppose I need to get to work...Empire Burlesque is the next on my queue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Branning View Post
Listening to the Basement tapes again has reaffirmed my opinion that it is one of the best things he's ever done.
I've only listened to complete bootlegs of the basement tapes, which are massive. That's probably why I've never been able to fully absorb the basement tapes material or ever had a clear cut opinion on them. I'll try out the commercially released album sometime and see what I think.

Also, from my recent relistening to Dylan albums...Another Side of Bob Dylan isn't as consistently interesting as I remember it being and John Wesley Harding is even better than I remembered it. The bass all over that album is great!