Music Banter - View Single Post - The Best Game Of All Time
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 05:14 PM   #73 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjinnx View Post
Always wanted to play Half Life but never got to it.
You're in luck, because this Friday the culmination of a community project to update the original Half Life to a modern graphic engine hits Steam (just need to have a free account and download the necessary files).

It won't contain the entire game yet but from what I've read it covers the entire Black Mesa facility and they estimated a good 8-10 hours of play. It definitely does not have Xen though. Either way I'll be getting it this weekend.

As for the Final Fantasy talk I've always split the games into two camps with 1-6 and 7-infinity. On the old side I'm torn between 4 and 6, essentially better story or better game mechanics. On the new side I'm all about 12, I know a lot of people who call 10 the pinnacle and I tried it but it just didn't do it for me, I just stopped caring to play once I ended up in that dungeon where I had to run around to find all my companions again.

and the Tales series, I only played partway through Tales of Symphonia but it was freaking awesome. Totally different fighting system than any other console RPG I've ever seen and it was handled incredibly well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote