Music Banter - View Single Post - U.S. Election Day — Obama vs. Romney
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 04:16 PM   #25 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

I loved Obama when he was campaigning for his initial presidency.
Now, 4 years later, I realize that what he took on was a burden, but I would have liked to see an improvement by now in some of the immediate factors, rather than a downgrade.

Whether the issue is that he isn't capable of bringing his vision about and only used it as a campaigning platform, or that opposing parties have gotten in the way, I think another 4 years with the same partisan layout in the house and senate will make no difference, and trends will continue as they have been. It wouldn't make sense to think that suddenly, with the same scenario as the last 4 years, that the next would be any different. Something has to change, and it's not simply a hook, line and sinker.

The only true test would be for Dems to get a majority seat, and Obama re-elected, and have another 4 years to see the promises come to fruition. But then again, we'd still be betting on campaign promises that, historically, have always been a bit shy to put it mildly. Not to mention the fact that the Dems had a majority before the last elections, after Obama had already been in office.
But still, giving time the benefit of the doubt, I'd be interested to see what Obama could do with a majority and another 4 years.

Do I think that will happen? Majority? Maybe not. 4 more years? Maybe so. So if change is going to come down the pipe, something pretty drastic will have to happen, and I guess I just don't see it happening. But who's to say?

As far as Romney, I don't like the guy as he's flopped harder than a fish out of water, and I generally don't like people who base rational decisions on religious considerations, but there are some things I agree with in regard to job creation and economic issues that I think the right has better ideas for.
Ultimately, for me to choose either candidate, I would be both supporting values I hold, and forsaking values I hold. The real choice is which of those values do I think will benefit me for the next 4 years, at least until someone with more than a dazzling speech and someone with more than a stringent, uncompromising ideology comes along.

So yea, my vote goes to Mr. Kitty.