Music Banter - View Single Post - What would it take to make rock and metal more mainstream?
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 04:46 PM   #27 (permalink)
jackhammer
Ba and Be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock N' Roll Clown View Post
In fact, people would listen to whatever is on tv or radio. If today the mainstream media starts playing Slipknot, Beatles, or even, Tchaikovsky, people will start listening to it and liking it. The reason is in the media, not in the bands. The mainstream media plays music that is very easy to listen and they earn more and more money from this. So, I don't think that there is something a rock or metal band can do to earn some mainstream attention, which is scary, indeed.
Mainstream media plays what they are paid to play (it's a new tongue twister!). Why should certain music became more mainstream anyhow? That would just be boring.

People who just listen to mainstream music by and large are casual fans and are not as sad and uptight as the more serious music fan who listens outside of the mainstream and that is how it's always been.

It really doesn't bother me one bit anymore. I can still get to hear the music I want to hear without been told what to listen to by the popular media.

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote