Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums You're Digging II
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 12:47 PM   #8546 (permalink)
Phantom Limb
Chocolate Homunculus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SATCHMO View Post

Flying Lotus - Reset (EP): Somehow during my obsession with Flying Lotus' Los angeles album a few years back I managed to gloss over this early release of his. I think it was mainly due to the fact that I'd been fairly unimpressed with the only earlier releases of his that I'd heard, 1983. The LAx3 remix of the Los Angeles album also didn't do too much for me, but coming across Tea Leaf Dancers -- the opening track on Reset -- While checking out my Pandora trip hop station was enough of an impetus to search out album immediately. I still have a hard time getting past the opening track, but as a whole the 6 song EP really is a gem.

As for the reset ep, Massage Situation is a classic, possibly the best track on the ep. You're right though, his earlier work is kinda kit or miss.

If you haven't already, you should give his Pattern+Grid World Ep a listen. It was released after cosmogramma and is probably my favorite FlyLo release (which certainly means something coming from me because I absolutely love Los Angeles and Cosmogramma).

The little flute sound in this song makes me wanna ****. It's so fucking jazzy

Last.Fm

My Bomb Music Shit
Phantom Limb is offline   Reply With Quote