Music Banter - View Single Post - The American Football Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 05:53 PM   #1129 (permalink)
FRED HALE SR.
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloozcrooz View Post
^^^You said it there. We all know that Romo can look as good as any of the q.b's who are considered "elite". Usually right up till it comes down to a game that really matters..like a playoff game or a game or a must win to get into the playoff's. I heard on ESPN's PTI session though that he's been puttin in the extra work on his off time. Asking questions and looking for suggestions from some of yesterdays icons like Steve Young. Only time will tell but im really impressed so far with him spreading the ball around and being more aware of whats taking place as the plays unfold on the field. He looks focused and yes...with the Murry and Felix tandom along with an unexpected Ogletree stepping up to the plate like a stud. I think if our offensive line can step it up just a little bit we have as good of shot as anyone this year. I just hope that Dez gets his act together and has a break out year all year long. Cause honestly I think he has the most potential of anyone on the offensive side of the ball.
As for the deffense im not sure if Ratliff will be back for Seattle but they looked good without him. Maybe a full pre season and training camp was what was needed for Ryans deffensive scheme to be implemented and take effect. I have to say im excited for the first time in a long time im not holding my breath ever time the other team throws the ball deep on us. Again its still early and even though the Giants were super bowl champs I dont think they are that great of a squad. Lets see what happens when we play Philly cause they killled us both times last year.
Romo just needs to keep his head in the game the same problem hes always had. Hes a hell of a qb when he starts spreading the ball as you said. Would be nice to have his favorite target in Witten back at full health, but he looked great in that first game. Dez Bryant has all the makings of a pro bowler, but he has that Romo thing going on with his head at times. If he stays healthy hes good for 1000 yds and 10 tds easy.

I think the Boys are gonna Pound the Beagles this weekend. The Giants have never really impressed me besides their D-LINE, but they have a knack for making the playoffs and then going on a run. Washington might be a darkhorse they bludgeoned the Saints in their game and RG3 is a hell of a wildcard with his ability to stretch the defense and run. You gotta like Dallas's chances after the first game, but its a long season where health and consistency will be the biggest part.

I'm a bolts fan but they looked rather average overall and they let RUN DMC go crazy on them. If they can put up some kind of fight with their run stoppage they might have a chance to squeak in, but i'm not holding my breath.

As it stands I think my preseason pick with my buddies of NE vs SF looks like it might have some merit.
FRED HALE SR. is offline   Reply With Quote