Music Banter - View Single Post - the official **** the vikings thread
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 02:59 PM   #87 (permalink)
Thom Yorke
Music Addict

Really ugly game. Here's a few thoughts on it.

Really up and down game for Ponder, even though he finished with good stats. It was good to see him really elevate his game in the 4th (even though that first TD was as lucky as you can get). Still though, there's no way he should have fumbled that ball in the second, and he made some really ugly throws and bad decisions in that quarter. Overall though, he looks pretty good and there's some definite progress being made.

I like what I saw from AP. He was getting 4-5 yards at an unbelievably consistent rate, which is exactly what a good RB should be doing. Even before his injury, he was molding his game to become a lot more consistent as opposed to the boom/bust home-run threat he was early in his career. I prefer a RB that can move the chains consistently.

The refs screwed up a lot of the calls, but the Vikes were still playing way too undisciplined. The o-line was the main culprit and they didn't look as strong as in the first week. Ponder was getting pressured far too much. The D-line also wasn't getting enough pressure, which is rare, although they really held up in the run game, as per usual.

And if that's our secondary against two very inexperienced QBs, this is going to be a very long season. Something drastic needs to change with our passing D.

Good thing is that Harvin is an absolute beast. He's such a threat in so many phases of the game.
Thom Yorke is offline   Reply With Quote