Music Banter - View Single Post - 31 days of halloween
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 11:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
Unrelenting
True to username

Last few days have been crazy, so prepare for a double whammy!

Day Three- Tom Waits

Tom Waits is very well known on this (and every) music forum for good reason. Mixing Jazz, Polka, Blues, a healthy taste for pop ballads, and wild host of other genres together, he is known as a musical mad scientist in the music community. It would be very easy for me to just this slot to his darkest albums- Bone Machine and Blood Money, for a Halloween playlist, but that would be selling him short. On a bunch of his albums you'll find songs about murder, paranoia, death, and the much darker side of the impoverished, I go as far as to say his songs that touch on these subjects are his best works. Best music for locking your door, blocking with a chair, and turning all of the lights off. A lot of weird folk come out on Halloween...

What's He Building? - YouTube

Tom Waits Everything goes to hell - YouTube

Murder in the Red Barn - Tom Waits - YouTube

Tom Waits - Dead And Lovely - YouTube

Day Four- Akira Yamaoka

Akira Yamaoka was the long time composer for the video game series, Silent Hill, and, quite frankly, half the reason the games were freaky. Using a little bit of portishead style trip-hop, noise, and a tinge of post rock and industrial, his music is that of empty streets, thick fogs, and the unexplainable horrors waiting within them. Perfect for checking out that old abandoned factory where three people have gone missing, those stories everyone keep telling can't be real, right?

Silent Hill 3 OST - Maternal Heart - YouTube

Silent Hill - Red Pyramids - YouTube

Silent Hill Soundtrack - red pyramids - YouTube

Silent Hill 2 OST - The Darkness That Lurks In Our Mind - YouTube