Music Banter - View Single Post - What Are You listening To V.III Metal!
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 09:02 AM   #1032 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Pulled out my old copy of Necroshine that I haven't listened to in forever. This is one nasty slab of post-Pantera groove/thrash. Generally I'm not the biggest fan of this kinda music, but it's ****ing Overkill, and I won't say that they can do no wrong, but they do very little of it. This might be some very modern sounding thrash, but it still sounds like Overkill, just Overkill for the new millenium. And of course Blitz's vocals are amazing on this. He definitely has a cocksureness on this album, but it's not so much arrogance as confidence backed up by experience. Combined with the devastating music, this album just has a level of threat and "**** You" attitude that a two decade year old band has no business having. Like the house band to a bar that I am far too big of a pussy to ever go to.

There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote