Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 08:55 PM   #12258 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom Limb View Post
Since watching Martyrs, I've been on a quest to see disturbing films. My latest film in this quest was:

And it was... severely disappointing. I actually hated this movie. While at the movie store I was suggested this movie under the premise that "It's really messed up and you can't watch it more than once." Now I know exactly what that means.

It was not disturbing in the slightest, it was just annoying. I couldn't wait for the family to get murdered so I could stop watching this.

Anyone know any movies (like Martyrs) that are truly disturbing, but also have artistic value? I'm not going to watch Cannibal Holocaust or any weird snuff films.
I didn't find Funny Games to be crazy either.
Have you watched VHS?
I don't remember much of it, as I was supremely drunk, but I do remember that it was pretty gory for one of those found footage films. I don't remember being all that disappointed (except with the acting in parts), but that could just be my state of mind at the time.

Either way, since you can watch it free anytime, I'd suggest looking into it. I remember it's a collection of stories, or tapes, and some are probably better than others, but if you want to kill some time, check it out anyway.
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote