Music Banter - View Single Post - Any WWE fans?
Thread: Any WWE fans?
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 04:14 AM   #4 (permalink)
ThePhanastasio
Killed Laura Palmer

Haha, yeah. I've only been training for a few months, between one and three times a week, but I'm going to be working paid matches fairly soon. Jobbing, I'm sure. I've been learning well, though; very, very technical stuff, and a stronger chain wrestling foundation than I even knew was possible, to be quite honest. I'm learning things from Lucha Libre, Cornish wrestling, straight up shooting (but the pro wrestling way to do it, too, although a lot of it is just as safe, albeit it a little stiffer) and lots of Malenko-style.

It really gets to the point where a lot of the chain wrestling, counters, takdedowns, and even throws are pretty second nature. For example: I'm acclimated now to, if I've got a headlock locked in and still need to have advantage to switch it to a hammerlock and do single leg takedown, go ahead and do a headlock takedown, switch it to a hammerlock, or go to the ropes and shoot them off for a sequence. And I've somehow got in my head which is appropriate without even thinking about it, really.

I also have multiple counters in mind for just about every hold that can be thrown at me.

Wrestling training results in a lot of bruises, occasional sharper pains when you bump weird, but it's totally worth it. Matches between Steven/William Regal and Dean Malenko are a good show of what I'm really working on, but I'm learning a bit of quicker and flashier stuff as well.

It's a hand-me-down, the thoughts are broken
Perhaps they're better left unsung
ThePhanastasio is offline   Reply With Quote