Music Banter - View Single Post - Worst Late 70's Band
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 12:31 AM   #8 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

I don't dislike any of those bands so I can't pick a worst... even for shizengiggles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post

I actually think Styx to be one of the best bands in the history of rock. Huge fan of Journey, Boston and Kansas. Not crazy on Foreigner though but they do have some good albums.

I'm guessing that you Mr.Thread Starter are at the complete opposite of the musical spectrum to me in what's considered good and bad, but I do see that you're a Doors and Aerosmith fan.
I like Foreigner simply becuase their sound was odd and different. They were unlike most bands I like like the powerhouse bands of the early 70s like Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin and not New Wave enough like The Cars. It's like they had a little drop of New Wave and Power Pop influence in their music - which was the thing during the time, but weren't part of those so it was odd what sub-genre of Rock they belong.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote