Music Banter - View Single Post - Tennis, anyone?
Thread: Tennis, anyone?
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 08:55 AM   #23 (permalink)
Burning Down
The Music Guru.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTSullivan View Post
Not much point in going on about how happy I am as a Scot and tennis fan, and how long I have been waiting for this for Murray to win a Grand Slam, so I will just point out Djokovic won the Australia Open, Nadal won the French Open, Federer won Wimbledon, and Murray won the US Open. It just shows you how good and open the the tennis is today. I am looking forward to the ATP World Tour Finals. Also I think Murray is going to win the Australian Open in January hard court is clearly his best surface.
Oh wow, I never actually thought of all of it that way, mostly because I'm not terribly observant towards who wins what - I just like to watch

My boyfriend is Serbian so Djokovic is like a god in our house, but I will say here that I think Murray is definitely in his prime right now! His performance at the Olympics confirmed that for me.

Nadal has slipped to No. 4, and honestly, I think he's been trying way too hard to get back into the top spot - he's been so aggressive when playing the other 3 that he ruined his knees, and missed out on the big tournaments like the Olympics and US Open, plus Cincinnati and the Master's 1000 in Toronto. If he wants to stay near the top he can't afford to miss another tourney.
Burning Down is offline   Reply With Quote