Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 09:39 AM   #20679 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Just finished my interview for the Network Administrator position.
Holy f*ck they asked a lot of questions. I spent an hour in there. All the technical questions I did great on, the personal ones, I dunno.. I was unprepared for how much they wanted to know about my life... lol.

Glad I got to go, though, as they were able to give me more info about the company than the job posting and website told me.
Apparently they're pretty much a software development company for real-time oilfield/ship tracking and logistics management. And it's staffed by like 20 people, all of whom are technically inclined. In one hand, it's good to have a support pool to pull from, which they stressed that they would be doing, but in the other, I would basically take the role as the only Network Administrator in the company, and I'm sort of used to working under someone in that role versus making big decisions about a company's network infrastructure.

I won't know if I got the job until next week, as they have some more interviews. I find myself almost hoping they don't call back, because it's a little nerve-racking to be thrust into their particular situation, what with them about to be going global in a few months, with just me at the helm of their networking aspects. I've always worked in more structured environments, and although the support structure is there, I'd really have a lot on my shoulders that I'm not sure such a small company could pay me enough for.

They asked what I expected for a salary... I gave them my minimal number, adding negotiability, but I guess I'm just wondering whether they're in the position right now to pay what the position in any other environment would require.

Well... I guess we will see.
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote