Music Banter - View Single Post - Comics/Graphic Novels
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 04:28 AM   #212 (permalink)
Howard the Duck
Live by the Sword

got a whole bunch of Captain America as written by Ed Brubaker

have read them and will be posting reviews soon

here goes:-

in which Bucky Barnes (Cap's old WW2 sidekick) returns and turns out to be a brainwashed ruthless assassin previously working for the KGB - nicely neo-Realistic, Modernist, also the standalone story "Lonesome Death of Jack Munroe" is probably the most harsh and brutal mainstream superhero story I've ever read

the return of the Red Skull? not much of a fan of Crossbones (lackey) and I'm not familiar with Sin (RS' daughter) so I didn't enjoy this that much

mostly details the story of Bucky in a Gulag after he was tried for being the Winter Soldier - like this, it's close to being an "action movie" in comic form

some more:-

plays mostly like a multi-title crossover and details the "resurrection" of Captain America after his assassination by the Red Skull - too "superhero" for my liking

mostly a courtroom drama after the next Captain America (Bucky Barnes) is exposed by the new Baron Nemo as being the KGB stooge Winter Soldier, mildly engaging cos it's not very realistic, has Sin again, the Red Skull's daughter, whom I don't quite like, but has Master Man, whom I do like

Malaise is THE dominant human predilection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Virgin View Post
what? i don't understand you. farming is for vegetables, not for meat. if ou disagree with a farming practice, you disagree on a vegetable. unless you have a different definition of farming.

Last edited by Howard the Duck; 09-29-2012 at 06:06 AM.
Howard the Duck is offline   Reply With Quote