Music Banter - View Single Post - Bob Dylan
Thread: Bob Dylan
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 10:01 PM   #499 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastingas10 View Post
Dylan fans aren't all the same. Some people love the early stuff and hate the later stuff, some people are the opposite. I wouldn't restrict my listening to any one time period, though.

I'd be interested to see some of your reviews on him. And which songs and albums you prefer.

Which albums have you picked up?

Blonde on blonde is essential but I'm not sure it's his best album. It's pretty much impossible to call one his best. Highway 61 is widely considered his best album. I might not be able to say which is his best but I can say which isn't and highway 61 isn't. I probably say blonde on blonde is better, blood on the tracks as well. Speaking of it, I haven't listened to it in a while. I'm going to have to put it on as soon as I get in my car. Although I will say that I don't think like a rolling stone is overrated. Its one of those timeless songs for me.
I've picked up Blonde on Blonde, Blood on the Tracks, Bringing It All Back Home and Highway 61 Revisited. I've only given each a listen or two, not really enough to form an opinion, but I'm open to other suggestions to check out.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote