Music Banter - View Single Post - Rush: 2112 (1976) Vs. Test For Echo (1996) Vs. Clockwork Angels (2012)
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 07:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
SATCHMO
Al Dente

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
I really don't like 2112 at all. I think I am in the minority regarding Rush as Moving Pictures, Grace Under Pressure and Power Windows are by far my favourite albums but I do confess to not having heard anything new by them since Hold Your Fire!
Agreed. 2112 has always seemed to be a bit overrated to me as well, but I remembering it being a huge album when it was released. I really like Hemispheres and A Farewell to Kings, much more as far as old Rush is concerned, and my new Rush exposure sort of tapers off at around the Counterparts album, one of the 3 rush tours I've had the pleasure of catching (Presto and Roll the Bones being the other two). I thought Hold your Fire was fantastic, Jackhammer, definitely one of my favorite Rush albums.

I'm nabbing Clockwork Angels right now. I've heard enough good things about the album to merit checking it out, so I might be chiming in in a while.
SATCHMO is offline   Reply With Quote